Software Dev Engineer 3 (Java)
12-24 month contract
Lehi, Utah or Remote
This position needs to be proficient with Java, Linux, SQL, Junit, and REST. Familiarity with Cassandra, Spark, and Amazon AWS is also helpful. As a member of the broader software development group, the Software Development Engineer 3 works with minimal supervision and direction and is expected to utilize their experience, full understanding of industry practices, and knowledge of Church policies and procedures to exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems of a diverse scope. This position may also serve as the technical advisor for a small to medium functional area, or for a short-term project.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Contribute to and perform analysis of functional requirements
- Create technical designs mapped to functional requirements
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix defects
- Implement measures, as designed, to comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of progressive and relevant professional experience
- RESTful Web Services
- SQL (preferably Postgres)
- Testing framework (preferably JUnit)
- Spring Boot
- Java concurrency
- Asynchronous computing
- Continuous delivery
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com