Software Dev Engineer 3 (Mobile)
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that works independently on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager or project technical lead. The culture and work environment are amazing here - great people to work with, an environment where you can feel and be led by the spirit.
This position will work with the Missionary mobile application team (an application used by almost all missionaries throughout the world) and utilizes solid knowledge, skills, and abilities with technology and programming languages to analyze, design, program, debug, test, modify, and write documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of organization technology-related products, Internet applications, or information support systems. As a member of the broader software development group, the Software Development Engineer 3 works with minimal supervision and direction and is expected to utilize their experience, full understanding of industry practices, and knowledge of Church policies and procedures to exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems of a diverse scope. This position may also serve as the technical advisor for a small to medium functional area, or for a short-term project.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to and perform analysis of functional requirements
- Create technical designs mapped to functional requirements
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix defects
- Implement measures, as designed, to comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same.
- Collaborate with team members of multiple disciplines as well as other teams to solve business needs and optimize business value by offering constructive/critical feedback, providing solution recommendations/implementations, and participating in other cross-discipline team tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of progressive and relevant professional experience
- Mobile application development experience ( Proficiency in Kotlin and Android a plus)
- Java experience (Java 11 proficiency a plus)
- API development a plus
- Experience with complex, large-scale systems is preferred; including strong experience in the tools, methodologies, and technologies the role supports is a plus
- Must have a solid base of learning and some experience in all the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system that may or may not be web based, e.g. interface domain logic and database layers
- Strong critical thinking skills a must with the ability to think through to conclusion on recommendations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly
- Strong skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Must have a basic understanding of systems and subsystems
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com