Software Dev Engineer 3 (Web Frontend)
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that works independently on tasks and assignments from a Software Development Manager or project technical lead. This position utilizes solid knowledge, skills, and abilities with technology and programming languages to analyze, design, program, debug, test, modify, and write documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of organization technology-related products, Internet applications, or information support systems. As a member of the broader software development group, the Software Development Engineer 3 works with minimal supervision and direction and is expected to utilize their experience, full understanding of industry practices, and knowledge of Church policies and procedures to exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems of a diverse scope. This position may also serve as the technical advisor for a small to medium functional area, or for a short-term project.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to and perform analysis of functional requirements
- Create technical designs mapped to functional requirements
- Provide estimates for development tasks
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Participate in code reviews
- Contribute to technical documentation
- Participate in the Problem Management process and fix defects
- Implement measures, as designed, to comply with policies, standards, and regulatory requirements and ensure all others are doing the same
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 4 years of progressive and relevant professional experience
- Ability to interpret functional requirements, create technical designs and produce an effective approach with reasonable timelines.
- Proficiently document, test, and maintain existing and new applications.
- Strong skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Must have a basic understanding of systems and subsystems.
Bonus Skills: WORTHINESS QUALIFICATION
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com