Software Dev Engineer 5 (C#, React, AWS)
Riverton, Utah or Remote (onsite once per week)
The Software Dev Engineer 5 is a master, professional role that requires vast knowledge of industry practices, and organizational policies. The role requires good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing, defining, developing, testing, purchasing, implementing, and analyzing technical products and systems of diverse scope. This position recommends system purchases for high value projects. This position fully participates as a technical leader and influences numerous engineering teams, and leads in areas such as software development, project planning activities, work break-down of tasks, and engineering peer reviews. This position is responsible for technical leadership in architecture, design, implementation, software quality, and on-going engineering support of the organization's technology applications.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Lead one or more teams in the design and development of assigned software development tasks
- Work with the technical lead in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices
- As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities
- Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management
- Participate in peer reviews of project software design and coding
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Be self-directed and provide classroom instruction in the areas of Church software development processes, industry best practices, and new technologies being adopted for the organization
- Provide formal training, mentoring, or pair programming with other less-experienced engineers
- Highly knowledgeable in Cloud and Cloud-native technologies (emphasis on AWS)
- Experience on a Devops team and a contributor to the Devops practices
- Significant experience in .Net and Microsoft development solutions
- Front end experience in React
- Preference given to someone who knows both Angular.js and React
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 8 years of industry recognized progressive and relevant professional experience
- 3 years of specialized experience in the technologies and methodologies of the product platform processes
- Prior experience in a software developer leadership role, leading a team (4) through the first and subsequent releases of several (3) successful products, at least one of which must be a large- scale enterprise application
- Full stack developer
- C# and React
- Significant cloud experience (primarily AWS Cloud)
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to create, communicate, and direct work toward accomplishing an overall technical vision
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train peers
- Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- Ability to direct the work in defining logic and algorithms to create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing them within the overall architecture
- Significant engineering experience (multiple major releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g., interface, domain logic and database layers.
- Expert-level skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Able to architect entire systems and subsystems
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Leader of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
- Master's degree
- DevOps experience
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com