Software Dev Engineer 5 (Java)Location:
Lehi, UTStart Date:
Nov 16, 2020
Apply Now Sign Up For Job Alerts Email Job Refer a Friend Apply with LinkedIn Job Description:
Software Dev Engineer 5 (Java)
12-24 month contract
FamilySearch is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team that designs and develops our large-scale Search systems and is heavily involved in many aspects of Big Data processing. Responsibilities include designing and developing features that enhance the patron's search experience and increase system scale/performance and improve system reliability. Excellent leadership, communication, engineering and debugging skills will be critical for this engineer. RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead one or more teams in the design and development of assigned software development tasks. Work with the technical lead in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices. As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities. Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management. Participate in peer reviews of project software design and coding. Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
Self-directed and can provide classroom instruction in the areas of Church software development processes, industry best practices, and new technologies being adopted for the organization. Provide formal training, mentoring, or pair programming with other less experienced engineers QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience; Master's preferred
- 8 years of industry recognized, progressive and relevant professional experience.
- 3+ years of specialized experience in the technologies and methodologies of the product platform processes
- Prior experience in a software developer leadership.
- Concurrent Java programming experience
- Strong Linux experience
- Ability to direct the work in defining logic and algorithms to create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing them within the overall architecture.
- Must have significant engineering experience (multiple major releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g. interface, domain logic and database layers.
- Must be able to architect entire systems and subsystems
- Software development and test engineering experience on large projects.
- 3+ years minimum with Java programming experience
- Development or automated testing of n-tier distributed Java applications (REST).
- Experience with Cloud Computing (Amazon AWS)
- Experience with relational databases (Postgres)
- Experience with Search technologies (Lucene, Solr, Elasticsearch or other similar technologies).
- Experience with Spark, Amazon EMR or other MapReduce frameworks
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, Amazon Kinesis, SQS and SNS)
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com