Software Dev Engineer 5 (Java)
12-24 month contract
FamilySearch is seeking a contract Software Dev 5 position is to design and implement a process workflow management system to oversee the acquisition, management, and distribution of FamilySearch historical data, records, and images. This workflow management system will also track legal contract data and permission rights enforcement. This system is the gatekeeper and central nervous system of FamilySearch's vast data storage, including billions of records and images, comprising many Petabytes of data. Our industry-leading growth rate and uptime availability rate is made possible by building our products on cutting-edge technology, within a cloud computing and storage environment. This position requires in-depth knowledge of Java, REST Web Services, unit testing, databases, JSON, queues, and object data stores.This individual works with divine guidance to create and support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the technical lead in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices
- As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities.
- Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management.
- Participate in reviews of project software design and coding.
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs.
- Be self-directed and provide support in the areas of Church software development processes, industry best practices, and new technologies being adopted for the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 8 years of industry recognized progressive and relevant professional experience.
- 3 years of specialized experience in the technologies and methodologies of the product platform processes.
- Prior experience in a software developer leadership role, leading a team (4+) through the first and subsequent releases of several (3+) successful products, at least one of which must be a large-scale enterprise application
- Senior Java experience
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train peers.
- Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- RESTful web services experience
- Spring and Spring Boot technologies.
- Database technologies
- Expert-level skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Able to architect entire systems and subsystems.
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Leader of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles.
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- Design/architecture skills
- Cassandra DB
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at www.consultnet.com