Software Dev Engineer 5 (Machine Learning/Software Dev/Data Science)
12-24 month contract
Lehi, Utah or Remote
This unique contract position will have the opportunity to bless the lives of literally millions of our Heavenly Father's children by helping them find their ancestors in thebillionsof currently unindexed document images on FamilySearch's site. Even at the Church, there are few jobs with such a huge potential for positive impact!This position will be challenging and provide opportunities to apply machine learning, software development, and data science skills to automatically index millions of records.
- Build machine learning capability in FamilySearch for computer assisted indexing
- Improve quality and accuracy of indexed records in existing FamilySearch machine learning capabilities
- This computer-assisted indexing capability will be delivered in multiple languages depending on business priority. Languages include English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and Italian
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 8 years software development experience including Java back-end development
- 3 years (can be academic and industry) machine learning experience including development and deployment of machine learning models.
- Specific experience with analysis and improving Natural Language Processing capability.
- Keen interest in foreign languages and scripts
- Ability to think about language structurally (sentence diagramming, etc.)
- Passion for Family History
- Experience with FamilySearch records
- Solid understanding of applied mathematics, statistics, and probability
- Mastery of essential Linux data manipulation tools like sed, grep, sort, regexes, etc.
- Familiarity with common Machine Learning frameworks including TensorFlow and Keras
- Solid understanding of theory and mechanics of deep learning techniques including:
- Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs)
- Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) including Long/Short Term Memory (LSTM) networks
- Solid experience with machine learning in an applied production setting, including:
- Evaluating and tuning of production Machine Learning Systems
- Management and cost-optimization of Client training and inference infrastructure
- L arge scale data collection, annotation, and verification Client dataset management tools
- Computer Science and programming fundamentals
- Solid Java and Python programming skills
- Track record of creating reliable, maintainable and performant code in a large scale, service oriented, production ecosystem
- Basic web development skills
- Experience architecting both synchronous and asynchronous systems in an SOA environment
- Fluency in at least one non-English language a plus (Spanish preferred)
- Paleography (transcription of historical scripts) experience a plus
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com