Software Engineer Opening in Boston, MA!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Software Engineer in the Boston area. This is a 9+ month contract position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Software Engineer opportunity; please send a Word resume to Matthew Bonvouloir, Technical Recruiter, at
Position: Software Engineer
Apex Job ID: 1059163
Location: Boston, MA
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 9+ months
Our large, e-commerce, technology Client is looking for a Software Engineer to join their team in Boston.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
As a Software Engineer, you will work with, and stay abreast of, a wide range of emerging technologies (e.g. Python, Aurora, Redshift, Angular, IoT and other AWS Services). Specifically, this role will support our Client's deployment execution teams by providing the data and tools to streamline tasks, project setup, and reporting. This data will measure business performance against goals and provide support to remote teams across the globe.
Our ideal candidate has experience designing RESTful APIs and OLTP/OLAP data models. They will be able to build pipelines to pull data from a wide range of sources. They will influence our Client's overall strategy by helping define product features, design architecture, and promote best practices that enable a quality product.
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in. Our Client is a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform their customers' experiences in ways that are currently unimaginable. Our Client invents new improvements every day. Candidatws will be given the tools and support needed to invent in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or related discipline.
2. Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
3. 2+ years of MySQL or similar database experience
4. 2+ years of scripting experience (Python/Ruby/Shell script)
5. Mine & manipulate data from database tables (ex. MySQL, Redshift, Oracle)
6. Mine & manipulate data from log files by writing scripts (ex. Python, UNIX, PERL)
7. Mine & manipulate data using RESTful Web APIs
8. Experience with developer tools and SDKs, PyCharm / Eclipse or other IDEs
9. An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
1. Experience with AWS Services (S3, Aurora, Redshift, Lambda)
2. SDKs, security, scalability, integration with cloud platforms
3. Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards (preferably Tableau)
4. Familiar with technical documentation tools
5. Experience in full stack development
6. Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual design, development and testing
7. Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle is preferred. This includes coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Candidates may be subject to background check and drug test.
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Strong potential to extend/go permanent.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or