One Company...Many Careers!A Day in the Life of A Software Developer- AWS/Big Data - req10235
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. We are seeking a focused Software Developer (AWS/Big Data)
who will join a team that is part of a modernization product suite. We are focused on one of the organizations highest priorities and we are getting engaged at the ground floor. We are searching for two software developers who have experience in data movement, preferably with experience in AWS. You will work in an agile framework and will be members of a Data Management team that handles data movement, data quality, and more.
Office Location: (Bloomington, IL
) ...where we work hard AND play hard!
About Bloomington, IL:
All positions will be located in Bloomington, IL. Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.A Day in the Life of a Software Developer (AWS/Big Data)
You will work with a data team that functions horizontally across multiple products within the suite. The team also works with other areas of the organization that are focused on modernization efforts. You will work to move data into an AWS data hub and likely be engaged in other data analysis, data quality work, and more.
We Are Looking For Candidates With:
- Experience extracting data using any of the following tools - Dataflux, Informatica, Qlik tools
- Experience working with data in Hadoop and with accessing Hadoop through Hue or Putty
- Knowledge of HDFS file systems
- Experience with creating and reading Parquet files using any programming language like Clojure, Scala, Java or Python
- Experience with interacting with Hive and Impala tables to extract data
- Experience with Oozie and Coordinator to schedule jobs and read job logs
- Good understanding of all different forms of data storage and file formats - Tables, Views, CSV files, JSON files
- Knowledge of various Platforms - Hadoop, Mainframe, Websphere
- Experience in writing simple to complex queries
- Experience working in Data Migration and Data Movement efforts
- Experience extracting data from Tables, Flat Files in different formats, Queues like MQ
- Experience in populating data to Tables, writing data to Flat Files in different formats, and streaming data
- Experience working in both Batch and Real-Time Data
- Data Analytics Knowledge and experience extracting data for Analytic Consumers
- Strong AWS Work Experience
The following skills are also desired:
What You Can Expect
- Experienced using the above mentioned tools to extract data from at least 2 different technologies
- Installation and Administration knowledge of tools like Dataflux, Informatica, Qlik tools
- Knowledge of ORC and AVRO file formats
- Familiarity with Data Import and Export Methods like FTP, SCP, DISTCP, Sqoop, Kafka, Flume
- Knowledge of Data Storage, Data Access, Compute and Map Reduce services in AWS along with State Farm Work Experience
- One or more of the AWS Associate Certifications
- Data Modeling and Metadata Management Experience
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may
be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunityWhat's In It for you?
Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers! We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
Periodic Dice: SFARMLinkedIn: #LI-LF1