Associate Software Developer - Java, Back-End
Location: Corporate Office - Princeton, New Jersey
Who we are:
INVIDI Technologies is the world's leading developer of software transforming television all over the world. Our two-time Emmy® Award-winning technology is widely deployed by cable, satellite, and telco operators. We provide a device-agnostic solution delivering ads to the right household no matter what program or network you're watching, how you're watching, or whether you're in front of your TV, laptop, cell phone or any other device. INVIDI created the multi-billion-dollar addressable television business that today is growing rapidly both domestically and internationally.
INVIDI is right at the heart of the very exciting and fast-paced world of commercial television; companies benefiting from our software include DirecTV and Dish Network, networks such as CBS/Viacom and A&E, advertising agencies such as Ogilvy and Publicis, and advertisers such as Chevrolet and Verizon.
INVIDI's world-class technology solutions are known for their flexibility and adaptability. These traits allow INVIDI partners to transform their video content delivery network, revamping legacy systems without significant capital or hardware investments. Our clients count on us to provide superior capabilities, excellent service, and ease of use.
The goal of developing a unified video ad tech platform is a big one and the right developers--like you--flourish in INVIDI's creative, inspiring, and supportive culture. It is a demanding, high-energy, and fast-paced environment. INVIDI's developers are self-motivated quick studies, can-do individuals who embrace the challenge of solving difficult and complex problems.
About the role:
We seek highly dedicated, motivated, and passionate Java Developers who can use the right tools to find the best solutions to problems. We embrace the Agile methodology and as part of a scrum team you will play an important role in all aspects of product development--design, development, integration, and testing. And you will share in the pride and satisfaction as your work makes it into production at INVIDI's clients.
- Develop well-designed, testable, and efficient infrastructure as code according to specifications.
- Write functional and unit test code to automatically test key parts of the system.
- Implement CI/CD software solutions per product requirements with tools such as Gerrit, BitBucket, GIT, or Jenkins.
- Work closely with test engineers to review requirements, system designs and plan for both manual and automated testing in a Linux environment.
- Provide on-call support for AWS and GCP cloud-deployed services as part of a DevOps team.
- Investigate field issues, support production systems, and diagnose root causes of defects/issues working with ALM tools such as Confluence or JIRA.
- Collaborate within and outside your scrum team in a resourceful and flexible manner with shell scripting and using utilities like SED, AWK, etc.
You must have:
- Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Three plus years' experience in the computing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong experience with Python, Groovy or Perl scripting.
- Strong Java / C++ development skills with at least three years' experience.
- Experience developing serverless solutions in the AWS Cloud.
- Support a SaaS environment to meet service objectives.
Skills and qualifications:
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work well in an Agile scrum environment.
- Skill to quickly learn new technologies and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and analytics, and algorithms, working with database technologies such as DynamoDB, MemcacheDB, or Redis as well as Protocol Buffers and Parquet.
It will be very good if you have experience in:
- Build tools such as Gradle or Maven.
- Containerization with Docker.
- JFrog Artifactory.
- Developing and deploying RESTful web services.
- Industry knowledge of cable or satellite.
- INVIDI is a conscious, clean, well-organized, and supportive office environment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer are normal.
- INVIDI is working 100% remotely until a return-to-office date is determined.
- All candidates must pass compliance background screening and drug testing.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; you must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
At INVIDI we don't just accept differences-we celebrate diversity, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. INVIDI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity consistent with legal requirements. INVIDI welcomes veterans. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by email at: HR@invidi.com .
Ready to join our team? Apply today!