This position will dramatically expand the Software Developer s experience and elevate the scope of responsibilities to the area of data, visualization and analytics functionality within Appraisal and Tax products.
We are seeking an individual who has a passion for building and leveraging Tyler s Appraisal and Tax business tool landscapes. Including but not limited to; building out map visualization-based user experiences using ESRI GIS, building out back-end analytics engines, and designing and building interactive model performance reviews and other visual analysis user experiences using Python/Java Script stacks. This is a great position for a developer to gain exposure to concepts and tools in data science.
The developer is expected to be a strong contributor to the business tools product set and to establish a solid depth, over time, of the specialized industry domain and acumen in order be a driving force to help shape and implement the next generation of Tyler s Appraisal and Tax technologies.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Ability to participate in the design and development of visualization and analytic user experiences of both existing and new product modules
- Responsible for designing and developing ESRI GIS end-user workflow, test automation, and software administration automation
- Experience in designing and developing map, statistics, spatial visualization, 3D Graphics, interactive analytics software modules that integrate with Tyler s enterprise applications using Python, R and their data science libraries and other applicable frameworks
- Learn and leverage common ecosystems such as ESRI Web App builder, Jupyter Notebook and JupyterLab as needed
- Perform bug fixes, documentation, and maintenance tasks
- Author samples and guides for end users using ecosystems such as Jupyter Notebooks and ESRI Storymaps and act as an evangelist for these tools to end-users and marketplace
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, computer graphics, GIS, or related disciplines
- Comfortable with polyglot development stacks and technical environments
- Ability to design algorithms, and develop statistically oriented programs that utilize 2D- and 3D-computer graphics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a distributed agile product team
- Experience using data science stacks such as in the Python ecosystem: numpy, pandas, statsmodels, etc. or in the R ecosystem: dplyr, ggplot2, etc.
- Willingness to build a general, software/API independent, knowledge-base of statistics, applied mathematics, data science as needed for the application domain
- Willingness to learn reporting and analytic technologies such Microsoft Report Builder (RDL XML report language), Excel, R statistical language, RStudio/Shiny, IBM SPSS, KNIME, PowerBI
- Ability to work with C#/.NET or Java/JVM for any needed backend enterprise system to support the analytics and visualization mission
Requisition Number: 6019017-1