Software Developer - Analytics
About Us CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. At CoStar, we're in the business of equipping our clients with what they need to succeed. We create opportunity through a combination of reliable tools, resources, and deep understanding on over 5 million commercial real estate properties in today's market. Starting our fourth decade, CoStar Group has more than 120 offices in the United States, Canada and Europe. In 2017, CoStar was named to Fortune Magazine's 100 Fastest Growing Companies, Forbes' World's Most Innovative Growth Company and Forbes' Fast Tech 25.
The Analytics team is responsible for the development of CoStar's customer-facing Real Estate Analytics products. We think big, creating innovative data-intensive applications that take the vast amount of data collected by our CoStar Research teams to create a fast, reliable and intuitive analytics platform for our customers. We are a collaborative group with a mix of big data, API/platform and front-end skills, and we are growing rapidly to help invent the future of Real Estate Analytics.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Solid understanding and experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Expertise with relational database systems such as SQL Server is required, and experience with NoSQL (Redis, Neo4j, etc.) is a plus
- Expertise with software development best practices, including standards, code reviews, source control, builds, testing and operations.
- Expertise with Source Control, such as Git or TFS.
- Expertise with Cloud platforms such as AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
About the Role We are looking for experienced full stack developers to join our team and drive the full-lifecycle development of this critical product. This includes the development, design and ownership of our web-based data analytics applications. This role will collaborate closely with technical leadership, product owners and other developers, while also giving you independence and ownership of your work. As a senior member of the group, you will have the opportunity to drive the technical strategy and architecture of our platform.
- Designing, building, testing and deploying scalable, reusable and maintainable applications that handle large amounts of data.
- Taking full ownership of your work, from development and testing, to eventual deployment and support in production.
- Collaborating with other engineers, product owners, designers, and leadership.
- Becoming a trusted team member in matters of technical architecture, design and code.
- Advocating for evolution and improvement - both technical and non-technical - within our teams. Includes new tech, tools and best practices.
- Gaining a deep understanding of the CoStar business, including the Analytic products.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing