One Company-Many Careers!
A Day In The Life Of A Software Developer - Big Data - req8716
As a Big Data Software Developer at State Farm, you-ll join a team that is leading the telematics disruption of insurance. You-ll work with the latest technologies and develop on large data sets hosted on AWS to enable new data capabilities. Your outcomes will be consumed by our actuarial and underwriting business partners. You-ll be challenged to integrate with many 3rd party solutions to enhance our telematics capabilities, while continuously adapting to changing technology to optimize our products. The Telematics Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing telematics solutions - including functional requirements, coding, testing, support and leadership. Competitive individuals will be experienced, forward-thinking developers with a full-stack aptitude.
Office Location: Richardson, TX -where we work hard AND play hard!
Our campus is conveniently located near the local transit and we have several restaurants on campus.
We Are Looking for Candidates With:
Must Have Skills/Technologies:
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Bachelor-s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience utilizing one or more development languages, preferably Java.
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data and related technologies: Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Spark
- 1+ years of experience with AWS
- DevOps mindset, utilizes agile software development practices, data and testing standards, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively
What You Can Expect Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity What-s In It For You
- Knowledge of Big Data and related technologies. i.e., Kafka, Zookeeper, Scala, Pig, Hive, Oozie, Yarn
- Knowledge of AWS technologies. i.e., Athena, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, S3, SNS, IAM, SQS, EC2, Elasticsearch, CloudWatch, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Knowledge of Puppet, Bash, Python, Ruby, Spark, flume, groovy, Maven, GIT, GITLab
- Knowledge of containers and orchestration using Dockers and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of CI-CD tools/technologies like Urban Code, Jenkins or equivalent.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as ELK, Grafana, Prometheus or equivalent.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn-t want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- Free covered garage parking: No more bad hair days from walking in the rain!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We-re here to help life go right-
Come join our passionate team!