HII Mission Driven Innovative Solutions Inc. (HII-MDIS) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII - MDIS is currently seeking a Software Developer C/C++/C# to work out of their clients Merrifield, VA office.
Duties and Responsibilities (to include but not be limited to the following):
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes, implements, maintains and updates software programming applications
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work with teams
- Provides technical support to project team members
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must be able to work independently and as part of team to achieve project goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing
- Reports to a program manager and/or tech leader
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree from an accredited college or university in a technical field (engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field of study) plus at least 7 years of professional service using C/C++ and C#
- The ability to design, implement, read, understand and modify existing or new C/C++ or C# applications
- The ability to incorporate documented third-party controls and interfaces
- Experience using the Visual Studio, Eclipse or similar IDE environment to read, modify, create, debug and version control in C/C++ or C#
- The ability to read and understand SQL queries and create SQL queries to interface with databases.
- Knowledge of script programming for data mining and data manipulation
- Knowledge of the windows operating system to configure, install, maintain and diagnose applications
- Familiar with LINUX operating system and/or UNIX like operating systems
- Willing to travel to field or vendor sites for testing or attending technical reviews
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
- Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
- Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements
See Job Description