As a Full Stack Developer you will be a part of the Product Services team. The Product Services team has full responsibility for our online presence, and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create websites for our consumers and dealers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Product Services team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information. The Tech Culture at CARFAX
Having a creative and innovative environment where our developers can collaborate, learn and grow is something CARFAX is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software you’ll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thon’s or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? CARFAX is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you don’t have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys! A typical day will have you:
You’ll need to:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborating with other developers, front-end designers and internal customers on a daily basis
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Improving existing architecture and code and making it better
Stuff you’ve got to have experience with:
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
- Object oriented languages such as Java, C++, or C# - We use Java
- MVC architectures - We use Spring MVC
- Continuous Integration
- Test Driven Development
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career. Department: