Jersey City, NJ (New Jersey); New York, NY (New York)
When you join New York Life, you're joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
This position could be based in the following alternate locations: Jersey City, NJ (New Jersey); New York, NY (New York)
New York Life is seeking an extremely passionate and skilled full stack software developer
to take their technical abilities to the next level within our investments technology group
. This opportunity provides the right individual with a rewarding career working in a wide range of technologies to provide leading edge solutions and applications development to New York Life Investment Management, which is a top 25 global asset manager.
The individual should have 5+ years of hands-on application development
experience supporting investments bank or leading buy-side / sell side financial service firms.
- The ability to collaborate within a cross-functional team to design, develop and deliver enterprise quality applications
- Capability to conduct proof-of-concept and develop conceptual prototypes.
- Act as key technical trusted advisor
- Ability to understand and contribute to the development of a product vision and provide optimal solutions
- Envisions new technical capabilities and common application components.
- Demonstrates the ability to constantly seek out and provide for ongoing technological improvements
- Strong hands on knowledge of Microsoft .NET
- Strong hands on experience of Web Development using some of the following: Angular, React, WebApi, NodeJS, Microsoft ASP.NET MVC 3.5/4.0, CSS, JQuery & AJAX.
- Knowledge of scripting tools on multiple platforms is a plus
- Strong hands on experience and extensive development experience with data tools, i.e. SQL, Python, and database systems (MSSqlServer, Oracle, PostgreSQL or equivalent).
- Good working knowledge of Team Foundation server, Git, JIRA
- Development experience with .Net Core, Python, Powershell scripting and NoSQL
- Ability to incorporate vendor components in the application build-out - Aspose, Kendo UI, Telerik
- Ability to integrate APIs, write unit test cases, perform System Integration testing (SIT)
- Extensive hands on development experience with Cloud development (AWS) and Storage services are desirable
- Understanding of existing and emerging web standards such as HTML5 and Mobile
- Extensive experience in developing solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) tenets
- Demonstrated ability with Application Architecture, best practices and systems engineering industry trends
- Solid or in-depth understanding of the securities industry, financial instruments, fixed incomes and / or Equities
- Close interaction with the Business, providing reports for clients using standard tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports
- Ability to learn trending technologies and apply them to business solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented individual with strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed, a good team player and the capacity for effective time management
- BS with a focus in Engineering , Math or related domain
Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation . We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn , our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com .
Job Requisition ID: 83696