One Company...Many Careers! A Day In The Life Of A Java Developer - req13157
We are looking for forward thinking developers to join our small cross functional product teams leveraging Agile principles. Join a team that is in the process of modernizing our solutions using the latest design patterns and technologies. Fast paced and outcome focused approach allows product teams autonomy to own the work centered on critical business and technical capabilities.
Our Enterprise Technology (ET) Department is seeking Software Developers to join the Financial Responsibility Reporting Team. Our team provides proof of automobile liability insurance coverage and/or reports to organizations such as Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI), Verisk, LexisNexis and the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or their vendors as mandated by compulsory insurance reporting laws. The team is modernizing applications, which will improve the customer experience and enable innovative processes.
Looking for candidates that have Auto business knowledge & Auto State Reporting experience.
Office Location: Bloomington, IL
...where we work hard AND play hard! About Bloomington, IL:
Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University. We are looking for candidates with experience with the following:
- Experience in JAVA / JSP / Angular multiple platform development experience in a number of application areas
- Experience implementing REST services with support for JSON, XML and other formats
- Experience in Enterprise Java and/or Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, experience a bonus
- Experience with automation tooling, such as Jenkins, UrbanCode
- Experience with SQL and Postgress is a plus
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may
be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity. What's In It For You? The opportunity to:
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams
- Contribute to brand new concepts and products
- Use agile software development practices, coding, data and testing standards, and best practices for code reviews, source code management, security, continuous delivery and software architecture
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training
- Take advantage of opportunities to give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events, etc.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow
- A 401k Plan
We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers! We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!