One Company........Many Careers! A Day in the Life:
For over 95 years, data has been key to State Farm. As a member of our data science team, you will work across the organization to solve business problems and help achieve business strategies. You will employ sophisticated, statistical approaches and state of the art technology. You will build and refine our tools/techniques and engage with internal stakeholders across the organization to improve our products and services.
Implementing solutions is critical for success. You will do problem identification, solution proposal & presentation to a wide variety of management & technical audiences. This challenging career requires you to work on multiple concurrent projects in a community setting, developing yourself and others, and advancing data science both at State Farm and externally. We Are Looking for Candidates With:
What You Should Expect:
- Strong skills in Python development and package building
- Expertise in software engineering practices and ability to apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of tools for the Machine Learning Platform
- Ability to utilize best practices for code version control using Git
- Experience in building solutions in containers, including Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud solutions
- Proficiency in supporting strategic enhancements to Machine Learning Platform
- Strong aptitude for DevOps Practices for continuous integration and continuous delivery to build software tools that optimize data science and analytic workflows
- Skills in database back-ends and Big Data connectivity tools required for Machine Learning Platform solutions, including Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Flume
- Ability to assist in providing computer science related guidance
- Expertise in researching to maximize code re-usability
- A knack for troubleshooting and providing support for production tools developed for a Machine Learning Platform
This position will have a 12-month incumbency period for lateral move & 6-month incumbency period for a promotional opportunity (beginning on effective date of the position) which must be met before posting.
Selected candidates may have the option of being located in one of State Farm's Hub locations: Dallas, Phoenix or Atlanta. What's In it For You:
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back.
- Learning culture: tuition reimbursement, development day for online courses, white papers, etc. - pursue your passion!
- 401k Plan and Fully Funded Pension: Yes, both.
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Dress for your Day philosophy
**State Farm does not have a business need to consider candidates who require Visa sponsorship. We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
#LI - MV1