Software Developer (Python, Java, Go)
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19103
Engineers who join the machineQ engineering team will work on the design and development of the infrastructure, applications, and tools required to support and scale a global IoT infrastructure. Software and DevOps tasks will range from in depth use and understanding of machineQ s core platform and applications including familiarization with enterprise grade IoT technologies and solutions based on LoRAWAN. Software engineers will collaborate with operations engineers in a DevOps model, and will be expected to support and maintain the software they develop. This position will work on a variety of services and product offerings, including device telemetry data streams, rules engine integration, and device telemetry visualization.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements and manage deadlines.
- Designs and develops scripts, applications, and automation required for large scale infrastructure management, automation, and monitoring.
- Support incident management for operational issues including availability for support after hours.
- Identify opportunities for system enhancements that will deliver enhanced functionality and/or simplify system administration.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Comfortable giving demonstrations of technical products and systems.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Strong organizational and technical skills.
- Experience with Git or other source code repository.
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Proficiency in at least one of: python, java, golang.
- Experience and proficiency with Linux.
- Experience with public cloud technologies (e.g. Amazon AWS, Azure, Google App Engine, Linode).
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns.
- Experience with distributed, large-scale back-end design and implementation.
- Experience with computer networking.
- Experience with experience designing, building, and consuming APIs
- Experience with PostgreSQL.
- Experience with common message brokers or data structure store (redis, mqtt, amqp).
- Deep experience with HTTP.
- Experience with operational readiness patterns.
Nice to Have (Not Required):
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Embedded system programming skills.
- Experience in database design and optimization.
- Experience with big data platforms.