The Software Developer
works closely with other Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and support teams across different product lines to develop cost effective and timely solutions that meet functional and performance requirements. Projects may include creation of new applications, enhancement of existing systems, or data integrations with internal and external entities. This role also provides production user support through issue troubleshooting and ticket resolution. Primary Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and understands business needs, objectives, desired features, and requirements to determine functions to be created, modified or automated
- Creates and provides technical solutions, plans, and technical documentation as needed
- Works in accordance with company standards, policies, procedures, security standards, and industry best practices.
- Works within Scrum process or other SDLC as needed
- Develops new functionality as needed for project-oriented work
- Ensures mapping of new development to requirements and acceptance criteria
- Tests and validates coding to ensure accuracy, compliance, efficiency, and scalability
- Supports existing integrations with internal and external applications through coding enhancements, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Analyzes current functionality state and provides suggestions for efficiency and automation opportunities
- Provides business reporting and analytics support through development and enhancement of reports
- Stays informed and understands current technology and industry trends, tools, and standards
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in computer science) or 4+ years of comparable development work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with C# in an enterprise setting
- Ability to work well in a team environment, to provide assistance and seek assistance when needed.
- Capable of fine grained changes to HTML and CSS
- 3+ years of experience of application architecture design
- 3-5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL development
- 3+ years of experience working in an Information Technology environment, including technical documentation responsibilities, technology support, business analysis, etc.
- Understanding of relational database management system (RDBMS) concepts and usage
- Ability to work in San Antonio, TX office
Careers with WellMed.
- Healthcare industry background
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS and SSIS development
- Familiarity cloud development patterns in Azure
- Part time Scrum Master experience
- Ability to research inquiries from customers and management, and provide analytical inference in written and/or verbal responses Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical peers and end users
- Ability to thoroughly understand business requirements, and validate completed work to ensure it meets said requirements
- Ability to work with and manage shifting priorities
Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Software Developer, San Antonio, TX, Texas