|Solidus is searching for a Software Developer to work with a team to create software that will be used to operate and test a critical space payload under development now. |
The Software Developer will work closely with a small team developing a Test Executive that will be the primary tool for testing a complex satellite payload currently being built. The candidate will help define the architecture of the Test Executive based on a high-level list of test objectives. In addition, the candidate will be the primary software developer responsible for creating specialized tools required by the Test Executive. These tools may include tools to query the Test Executive database or custom interface emulators to emulate portions of the satellite. The candidate will perform a detailed software design, perform system trades on possible implementations, execute the software design, test the software, and support operation of the tool during testing of the satellite payload. Candidate must have a strong desire to perform all aspects of software development delivering small- to mid-scale stand-alone programs across a broad range of applications.
The successful candidate will join a team that identifies and evaluates threats to U.S. use of space for military, intelligence, civil and commercial purposes. Applied research and development projects underway span a wide range of advanced applications, ranging from ground-based precision optical systems performing observations of space to space-based payloads and small satellites consisting of novel sensors developed to meet our country's most urgent needs in space.
Experience and Education:
Candidates will be evaluated at the following levels:
- MS plus 3 years minimum experience, or BS plus 5 years minimum experience in software development
- BS plus 1 year minimum experience, Associates Degree plus 2 years minimum experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum experience.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE or INACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE if inactive for less than 18 months
- Hands-on real-world experience with the following are required:
- Architecting software projects based off of high-level system requirements
- Performing and documenting a detailed software design
- Programming in C, C++, or JAVA using standard development/debug environments and industry-standard tools such as issue tracking (e.g., JIRA/TRAC), SVN/GIT.
- Knowledge of Ruby, Python or other interpreted languages
- Experience with socket programming or developing other networked applications
- Database experience (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work in a team-oriented environment with minimal supervision
- Candidates must be motivated self-starters, able to work individually, or within a group to achieve program goals and objectives
- Problem solving ability is critical (Activities will include programming, data reduction and analysis, data presentation in graphic form, etc.)
Preferred, The following are desirable but not strictly required:
- Setting up and working in an Automated Build/Test environment (e.g., Bamboo)
- Software Unit Testing
- Experience working with oscilloscopes and waveform generators
- Embedded programming
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship may be required. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm