One Company...Many Careers!A Day In The Life Of A/An Software Developer - Web Development - req12923
State Farm is seeking an experienced Test Automation
Software Developer to join our small persistent agile Enterprise Technology Team with delivery and production support responsibilities.
The work of a Test Automation Software Developer - Web Development
includes the following:
- Design, develop, and test new automation solutions for enabling Continuous Delivery Services to web-based applications in Java.
- Monitor and support Java based test automation solutions.
- Build and support integration of test automation solutions to successfully deliver end-to-end automation for development teams.
Office Location (Bloomington, IL
) ...where we work hard AND play hard!
About Bloomington, IL:
Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. The community is very active and is home to multiple universities including Illinois State University and Illinois Wesleyan University.We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Experience with languages and frameworks strongly preferred:
o Cucumber or JBehave
What You Can Expect
- Life product experience
- Understanding of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) / Test Driven Development (TDD) or equivalent Test practices.
- Comfortable consuming new technologies and work with innovation teams to streamline automation and fast feedback in solutions.
- Test automation skills to enable automated testing across the different piece of the platform: Equisoft Insurance Elements, Equisoft Rulestudio, the Life API Layer, and the Oracle Policy Administration System (OIPA). This includes automated regression, system, and end-to-end testing.
Next Steps: Competitive candidates may
be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
Applicants are required
to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization
(e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunityWhat's In It For You
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!