One Company...Many Careers!A Day In The Life Of A Software Developer - Web Development - req10488
State Farm is looking for a talented, self-directed, highly technical individual to join our development team. Our team is dedicated to enabling our agents and customer support associates with the ability to deliver the remarkable experience our customers deserve each and every time they contact State Farm. We are an enabler for every agent and associate working with State Farm customers facilitating ease of use, reliability and data accessibility on variety of service related activities. The team is one where collaborative self-directed individuals thrive. This is an amazing opportunity to have impact on a fortune 35 insurance company. This developer will be responsible for designing and implementing complex solutions including functional requirements, coding, support and agile team principles and leadership. This opportunity requires deep application development skills, writing and collaboration, and strong communication skills. The focus will be on creating and improving Salesforce products and web services that enable our customers and enterprise users to be successful on the platform.
Office Location (Tempe, AZ
) ...where we work hard AND play hard!
Our Marina Heights Campus is conveniently located on Tempe Town Lake with close proximity to Transit & Downtown Tempe.We Are Looking for Candidates WithPreferred Technical Skills
- Demonstrated experience developing RESTful Web Services.
- Familiar with VS code IDE.
- Builds continuous integration and delivery pipelines with Jenkins 2.0 and GitLab CI.
Scope of work:
- Experience with Apex, lightning and salesforce.com APIs
- Experience leading technical requirements gathering and building solutions from those requirements,
- Significant experience with web application development
- Comfortability with a variety of development tooling, including Force.com IDE, Illuminated Cloud, Ant migration tool, and others
- Technical writing and documentation experience a plus
- Significant experience in practicing agile methodologies, including scrum and continuous integration environments
What You Can Expect
- Taking impactful features from idea to implementation
- Building and improving RESTful Web Services, Salesforce Lightning implementations and various other systems
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners; understand business current and aspirational needs
- Provides system software support for SalesForce APEX and Java applications
- Implement software solutions that enable the use of SalesForce that assist agents in servicing customers and potential customers
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories.
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through utilization of modularity within architecture to enable continuous delivery
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience (UX) best practices to improve the usability and interaction between the customer and the product.
- Applies innovation, passion and flexibility in daily activities
What's In It For You
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right®Come join our passionate team!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...do your happy dance!
- Discount Program: Are you in the market for electronics, jewelry, travel or more?
- Volunteer opportunities: Give back to the community!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion--It's simply the right thing to do!
- Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers!