Location/Department: Information Technology
Reports to: IT Manager
The Software Developer is responsible for developing solutions that drive innovation and competitive advantage. The role encompasses writing code to build and support NHK systems, applications and platforms. The developer also configures, optimizes and deploys software components and applications.
- Execute full lifecycle software development.
- Works on a variety of moderately complex projects involving the analysis, design, test, modification, and installation of new and existing software programs.
- Analyze and develop user specifications. Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for technical and business suitability.
- Design, code, test, implement and maintain applications to meet user specifications.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code to improve reliability and ease of use.
- Maintain, test and improve existing software products to ensure functionality and optimization. Make certain system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Document all new and existing programs to guarantee effective communications.
- Interact with team members to ensure design and quality meet NHK standards.
- Maintain production applications for defect resolutions and improvements.
- Remain current with the latest technologies and best practices; recommend technology solutions that meet NHK software development requirements.
- Excellent organizational, project management and time management skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information verbally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to research new technologies and best practices in software development
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently or as part of a team
- A bachelor’s degree in software development, information technology, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 1 plus years of software development life cycle experience
- Experience with Model View Controller (MVC) applications using Spring MVC or similar frameworks
NHK International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
About NHK International
NHK International Corporation is the North American Headquarters of NHK Spring Co. Ltd. It was founded in 1976 in Detroit, Michigan. This location has expanded over the years into a design and testing facility to support global manufacturing.
NHK is regarded as one of the world’s leading spring and seating manufacturers. NHK meets a variety of market needs and continues to look for opportunities amid today’s drastically changing world. We are expanding globally, continually developing new business areas and exploring leading-edge technologies.
The NHK goal is to be a creative and challenge-driven company that offers new concepts to our customers, as we challenge the world of possibility.