One Company...Many Careers!
State Farm is seeking experienced AWS Software Developers
to join our Enterprise Technology department. WE NEED YOU! A Day In The Life Of A Software Developer (AWS) - req12706
We're seeking experienced
software developers to help modernize our applications and solutions using the latest design patterns and technologies. A fast-paced and outcome-focused approach will allow product teams the autonomy to own the work centered on delivering critical business and technical capabilities.
State Farm is embarking on a journey to redesign current systems and move to a modernized, cloud-based architecture. Developers in this role will assist in designing, developing, testing, and supporting new applications and solutions which utilize Amazon Web Services (AWS).
If you enjoy solving technical challenges, engineering practical solutions, exploring new technology, and operating in small, dedicated team environments, this may be the perfect position for you!
The work requires the following:
- A creative mindset to identify and deliver solutions to accelerate time to market using a DevOps mindset.
- Working together to uncover key product problems, identify possible solutions, gather feedback, and deliver the right solutions.
- The desire to research, learn and apply Public Cloud offerings.
- Designing, developing and testing new and/or existing web applications capable of leveraging a cloud infrastructure.
- Developing scripting, automated tests, and components to support continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
- Analyzing technical and business requirements (both functional and non-functional) to develop a systems solution that aligns with industry and enterprise best practices including user experience and accessibility.
- Providing system software support for State Farm web applications, components and testing software (testware), and the AWS services utilized in the cloud-based architecture.
Office location is Bloomington, IL
...where we work hard AND play hard!
About Bloomington, IL:
Bloomington is the location of State Farm's Corporate Headquarters and is 2 1/2 hours from Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. Bloomington is a mid-size community; an average 15 minute rush hour commute is a welcome change for those who have fought rush hour traffic in the city. We Are Looking for Candidates With
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
- Full stack software development with knowledge of AWS, Node, Angular, and CD/CI techniques and focus on quality and pace for delivery; along with experience with developing/testing and releasing technical components for multiple platforms.
- Design, deploy, and operate scalable, highly available, and fault-tolerant systems on AWS.
- Hands-on AWS experience with Lambda, SQS, and other services.
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability and experience with AWS services - compute, storage, networking and management/governance.
- Understanding of web service design and development practices, such as REST.
- Practical experience with agile methodologies and continuous integration environments.
- Transforming unstructured data into suitable forms for analysis and modeling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical knowledge effectively at all levels of the organization.
What You Can Expect
- AWS Certifications a plus!
- AWS knowledge/experience with S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, CloudFront, SNS, SQS, Machine Learning services and CloudWatch.
- Experience with Terraform (or similar infrastructure as code software tools).
- REST frameworks and API development and testing.
What's In It For You
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
- Competitive Benefits, Pay and Bonus Potential: Who doesn't want money, right?
- Volunteer opportunities: Get involved and give back to the community!
- Tuition Reimbursement: We support opportunities for you to learn and grow!
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Professional Designations, Employee Development, and more!
- 401k Plan and FULLY FUNDED PENSION: Yes, both. This is kind of a BIG deal!
- Dress Code: We trust our employees to dress for their day. That's right, we trust you...
- We embrace Diversity and Inclusion: We are one team and it is simply the right thing to do!
Learn more about our benefits at State Farm Careers! We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! We're here to help life go right® Come join our passionate team!
_____________________________________________________________ Employment Type:
Regular Full-Time Shift: