Must already have TS/SCI clearance (with Full Scope Polygraph) used in the past 24 months
1-3 year US government contract
Philosophy of BitRelish:
Founded in 2013 with the goal of providing technology services to the Intelligence Community and developing new capabilities for emerging technologies such as augmented reality, BitRelish has rapidly grown its scope and contracts. We believe that a work environment that fosters trust, respect and life-long learning produces happy, healthy employees who go on to achieve great things. We strive for revolutionary advances in technology and believe that our four ingredients are the secret sauce to achieving that success.
Project Name: Cloud Migration in a Cross Domain Environment
The Sponsor maintains a network of systems running custom-built software. This network, in its current form, has a significant physical infrastructure footprint; consequently, the Sponsor is in the process of migrating this infrastructure to the cloud. The Sponsor requires assistance in migrating the existing capability to the cloud while improving the software to allow for automated data storage and processing as well as interfaces for use by external customers.
The Sponsor has a requirement for a software developer to aid in the development of new tools, migration of existing tools, and operations/maintenance of deployed systems. In this role, the Contractor will be involved with all phases of processing data from the remote site, through the network connectivity, back to the receive facility, and processing on a cloud based environment, Amazon Web services (AWS) and the Sponsor's cloud environment. Occasional short duration worldwide travel may be required.
The Contractor shall have the following required skills and demonstrated experience:
• Writing software for Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Sponsor's cloud environment that leverages at minimum EC2, S3, Lambda, and RDS
• Writing and working with software written in C and Python
• Extract, transform, and load processes including manipulating and cleaning diverse data types
• Proficiency in the use of Linux on both the command line and in a graphical environment
Other demonstrated experiences which are highly desired, though not required, include:
• Ability to transition traditional non-cloud software to a cloud based environment
• Understanding of networking, routing, and configuration of virtual private networks
• Security accreditation processes, procedures, and requirements
• Cross domain data transfer solutions
• Software system design and integration
• Data science techniques and visualization methods