NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate need for a Software Developer to support our State Government client in Menands, NY 12204
ROLE Software Developer (EXPERT)
INDUSTRY State Government
DURATION 24+ month Contract, probable extension
LOCATION ONSITE in Menands, NY 12204
The Expert Software Developer will support COVID vaccine enhancements in the Countermeasure Data Management System.
The Countermeasure Data Management System allows for COVID-19 vaccine administration appointment scheduling by the general public for state-run and county point of distribution events.
This system has undergone rapid growth and enhancement as COVID-19 vaccine administration has begun, including development promotions several times weekly to meet enhancement requests.
The Expert Software Developer will perform application development tasks including researching and documenting technical designs, programming solutions, writing and executing unit test plans, researching, resolving, and testing defects, customer technical support, and close collaboration with other team members.
Relevance of Services to the Project:
- The Expert Software Developer will review business requirements documentation with technical manager to ensure clarity in implementation of technical design; implement systems and program design to meet highly complex business needs and technical design document; create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code and technical documentation;
- assist the technical manager in development time estimates and assigned tasks;
- codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs, and developing complex test plans to verify logic programs;
- troubleshoots complex end user technical issues, identifying problems and leading solutions; implement release management process including technical steps to promote, test and release through the development environment, coordinating with infrastructure staff.
- The consultant will perform other grant related duties as needed. The consultant must be willing to report to work onsite in Menands, NY.
This work closely aligns with the grant s core activities and long-term objectives to enhance detection of COVID-19 by supporting application development, reliability, and availability for COVID-19 testing/vaccination applications and emergency preparedness and response activities.
- Design and code from requirements and functional specifications
- Analyze, evaluate, test, debug, document, and implement Java application.
- Work with staff to ensure smooth and correct operations of any code or web services used by the application.
- Produce technical and user documentation as requested.
- Any other tasks necessary for completion of project deliverables and application support.
- Provide technical solutions for large scalable designs.
- Communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Communicate with programmatic units to translate business requirements into technical specification
- Expert (7 years( 84+ Months Software Developer Is involved with all facets of the software development process, including the research, design, programming, testing and implementation of computer software. Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- (7 years) 84 months of experience with coding web technologies in a JEE environment, including Servlets, JSP, Java/J2EE, HTTP, HTML, XML, SQL, JDBC and application servers.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.Thank you!
- (7 tears) 84 months of experience with Model-View-Controller pattern and common frameworks such as Spring.
- (7 years) 84 months experience with Oracle database servers and PL/SQL. Experience should include creating stored procedures, triggers, and other objects.
- (4 years) 48 months hands-on experience with Angular 2.x and above
- (4 years) 48 months hands-on experience with RESTful web service development
- (4 years) 48 months hands-on experience with Java Server Faces, preferably Prime Faces.