We Are Hiring
Have you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space!
Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology
that will change the face of healthcare.
If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply! Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension technologies. Where You Will Work
You will get to work in our brand new, creatively stimulating, office space we are calling the "Digital Studio" in Austin, TX (#1 in U.S. News Rankings - Best Places to Live). We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that's why our Digital Studio comes stocked and offers a variety of unconventional workspaces. What You Will Do
As a Software Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry in Austin. You will be a member of a dev team working collaboratively with others in an Agile organization to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer - that's how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission. Responsibilities:
- Develop high quality cloud-native applications using Java/Spring Boot microservices on GCP
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies; daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Expertise in Java8+/Spring Boot
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with TDD/BDD/DDD using JUnit, Cucumber etc.
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated mastery of the full SDLC including CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
What You Will Need Education:
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Expertise in microservice architectural patterns and design
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka)
- Experience with Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline preferred
- 1 year of experience required.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile environment preferred
#m!t2020 Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
EEO is the Law Poster Supplementhttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfE-Verify Statement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.E-Verify
(link to E-verify site)