Charles Schwab's Software Development Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals.
The Advisor Service Technology Trading Team is looking for a Software Development Engineer to build and support applications used by the Advisor Services Trading Operations teams. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, cost effective, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Development Engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology. What you are good at
What you have
- Contribute to the design, development, testing, deployment, and support of Advisor Services Trading applications.
- Translate user requirements into technical designs.
- Learn about the business of Schwab and Advisor Services, and identify opportunities to improve the client experience with your technical solutions.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, product owners, and end users to creatively solve problems.
- Implement code and unit tests using best practices and standards.
- Support your solutions throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years professional experience in software development.
- Experience developing in Java is required. C# experience is a plus.
- Full stack software design and development experience.
- Experience with Angular and/or React is a plus.
- Experience using Jira or other agile work tracking system.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, PowerShell, Jenkins, Sonar, Bamboo, Bitbucket is a plus.
- Agile development practices.
- Experience developing web applications and web services.
- Experience with a relational database, SQL and stored procedures (Oracle, SQL Server). NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work effectively collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders.