Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Claim Technology is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' digital transformation journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We deliver, implement and administer technology solutions that enable all Claim employees to be more effective at their jobs and meet the needs of our company's customers.
* Are you comfortable working with product managers, development team partners and delivering high quality, reliable and maintainable software.
* Have the desire to work on a team to improve on what we're doing right and fix what might not be going as well.
* Want to join a team dedicated to the happiness of our customers.
* Enjoy the opportunity to continually learn.
Then, Claim Technology is the place for you!
* Is dedicated to enabling our technology systems to deliver code to be as intuitive, delightful, automated, and resilient as our developers expect them to be.
* Is an agile team charted to create the tools that help our employees do their best work and assists in building and supporting the Agile development environment, including development and maintenance of the tool chain that supports the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
As an Engineer in Claim Technology, you will be a part of one of our agile teams responsible for building, testing, deploying and maintaining solutions to support our deliver pipeline. Engineers are expected to work across the stack, use a variety of technologies, like NodeJs, Groovy, Jenkins, MongoDb and GitHub as well as automated unit testing frameworks like NUnit\\JUnit, Mocha and Jasmine. Engineers work closely with their Product Owner to define technical solutions that provide business value to Travelers' development teams. Engineers are responsible for Developing DevOps capabilities for continuous integration and deployment to Amazon and PCF cloud platforms. In addition to an extensive catalog of technical courses offered by Travelers, team members have many opportunities for hands-on learning and innovation through pair-programming, innovation sprints, hackathons and code jams.
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or its equivalent in work experience, and five years of programming/development experience.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
6 years of programming/development experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Experience with CI\\CD tools- Jenkins
Automated unit testing frameworks (NUnit, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
Hands-on experience developing groovy libraries
Experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, Teraform is a plus
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.