ASRC Federal is seeking a full time Sr. Software Developer in support of the Kenneday Infrastructure, Applications, and Communications (KIAC) contract at Kennedy Space Center. Software developers create the applications that allow employees to do specific tasks on a computer or other device or create underlying systems that run the devices or control networks. This position will Research, design, develop, prototyping, re-engineering, maintenance and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Analyze users' needs, then design, test, and develop software to meet needs. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Create flowcharts and other models that instruct programmers how to write the software's code. Ensure the software continues to function normally through software maintenance and testing. Evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Document application or system as a reference for future testing and maintenance of system corrections. Collaborate with other computer specialists to create optimum software.
Tasks expected in this role include:
* Prepare for software development project initiation to include the collection of customer requirements.
* Create or prepare necessary project environments, processes and databases.
* Design and develop new applications and systems per customer requirements.
* Develop enhancements to existing applications and systems per customer requirements.
* Perform verification testing of requirements.
* Coordinate and perform validation testing of requirements with customers.
* Remedy Section 508 accessibility issues and IT Security vulnerabilities discovered during development and testing.
* Create or modify user guides and associated application documentation.
* Attend relevant project status and team meetings.
* Support product demonstrations of new functionality to customers.
* Participate in training and familiarization of various products to the user community.
Frameworks: ASP.NET, Unity3D, iOS SDK, Android SDK
OS: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Redhat), iOS, Android
Methodologies: Scrum, KanBan
Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools and source control capabilities
The incumbent should possess experience in Computer Simulation System: High Level Architecture (HLA), Distributed Simulations, MAK, Pitch, 3D Software Programming, game engine optimization, UV mapping and texturing, and Virtual Reality experience (e.g., headset development and optimization).
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.