Only local San Francisco Bay Area candidates!
Direct W2 employees only! No 3rd party agencies!
Passionate about building software solutions and enjoy driving features from concept to production, acting as both a developer, technical facilitator and evangelist and have a passion for connecting with our mission to help transform patients’ lives.
This Software Developer will be supporting the Commercial Operations team, specifically focusing on the big data platform enabling advanced analytics for business users. Experience at SENIOR level is preferred.
- Develop code using Python / PySpark development while ensuring high quality development tandards Convert code sets from SAS / SQL to Python Work as an IT professional to Analyze, design, code / configure and test software and solution to meet business and technical requirements Understand business drivers and processes as it relates to software development Understand what it takes to write software that is used by others and can be easily transitioned to others to maintain and operate Enjoy whiteboarding the future, collaborating, learning from or teaching others so we can all become better developers Curious and interested in developing your skills Translate business requirements into maintainable software components and understand impact (technical and business) Adhere to high quality software development lifecycle (e.g., Agile, Waterfall) Support solutions through monitoring, response to service problems, defect resolution, configuring software, root cause analysis and preventive actions Participate in service capacity planning and software performance analysis, tuning Contribute, review and influence on-going design, architecture, integration (e.g. API) standards and methodology for software development Apply current technology, tools and techniques according to established standard practices Development of operating procedures and training of support organizations Provide work estimates, identify risks and dependencies for new systems, implementation plans for enhancements, defect fixes
5+ years experience coding, including Python, Spark, Hive (and R) and have a passion for solving complex problems
Have spent the last 5 years building software products that customers love
- Experience developing and supporting data warehousing and analytics solutions.
- Have been an active member of software engineering teams (SCRUM preferred)
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Have experience collaborating cross-functionally on small to large and complex efforts