Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.Responsibilities
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Altec is looking for a web developer to join our Scrum Team. As part of the Production Information Technology team at our Southern Operations, the developer will help build and maintain the software that is used in the manufacturing facility.
- Angular, current version
- C#, .NET 4.5
- REST WebAPI
- SQL Server
- Classic ASP/VB
- Serve as an effective scrum team member and contribute to development of application software
- Communicate with end-users to scope new features or to troubleshoot existing features, which can include travel
- Scope, Design, and Develop software features for PIT
- Participate in Peer Reviews
- Develop automated tests for existing and new code
- Upgrade, refactor, and replace legacy systems where appropriate
- Support production systems on the manufacturing floor which requires occasional work outside of regular business hours
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Six years of full-time equivalent work experience required
- Two years employment as a software developer
- Familiarity with writing SQL queries and table design
- Familiarity with modern software development practices
- Continuous Integration / Deployment (CI/CD)
- Agile Development practices
- Familiarity with REST API development
- Endpoint planning / implementation
- Spec generation / verification
- Current valid driver's license
** This position may be modified upwards based on the qualifications of the candidate ** Benefits
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment InsuranceEEO Statement
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.