Software Engineer Needed in Middletown, RI!
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Software Engineer
role in Middletown, RI.
This is a 6 month contract to hire opportunity and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Software Engineer
opportunity; please send a Word resume to Jonathan Friedman, Technical Recruiter, at . Position: Software Engineer
Location: Middletown, RI Salary: negotiable based off experience Duration: 6 month contract to hire
We are in search of a Software Engineer to design and develop a simulation based operator and team training system for the US Navy as part of the Pc-based Open-architecture Reconfigurable Training System (PORTS) program based in Middletown, R.I.
Qualified applicants should have strong engineering experience with software design, development and integration processes. Qualified candidates will:
- Design and develop Instructor Graphical User Interface (GUI) displays, controls, and functionality;
- Design and develop the Student GUI displays and controls;
- Develop the underlying simulation software to provide the appropriate data to the displays dependent upon the training scenario and situation.
- Tasking may also include the development of interfaces between the Instructor station, Student stations, and the simulation software in a client-server architecture.
- Be responsible for requirements, design, and development, documentation, testing and debugging simulation applications.
- Software development in C++ and C#
- Some software development in Java in the RHEL operating system.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar and 2 years' experience
• Software development, with emphasis on coding in C++, C#, and to a lesser extent, Java
• Good understanding of software architecture and design
• Firm understanding of client-server architecture
• ship; Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working in the .NET environment and in the Visual Studio IDE in particular
- Knowledge of Navy Command and control, sensor and weapon systems
- Knowledge and experience with Virtual Machines
- Experience with software configuration
- Experience with modeling and simulation software
- Expertise with Gaming
- Some familiarity with visualization concepts and tools (i.e. Presagis/Unity/Unreal/etc.), Openflight models
- Expertise with Navy simulators and training pipeline
- Strong architecture background
- Understanding of Open Architecture Concepts
- Network Protocols
- Enterprise Architecture
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, 401K, medical/health benefits options, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or