Title: Software Developer Engineer in Test
Location: Chicago, IL
Engagement: Contract, 6 Months
Seeking an experienced Software Developer to be embedded within the QA organization. This resource will be tasked with developing comprehensive test-automation solutions to validate frontend web user-interfaces and backend APIs. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Java, with a solid understanding of object-oriented programming. They will also have a knack for writing clean, readable, and maintainable code.
- Use Java and/or Groovy to develop, enhance, and maintain code that is designed to verify the quality of software across all layers (Unit, Service, and UI).
- Help identify gaps in test coverage and develop quality test code to fill such gaps.
- Actively participate in code reviews to ensure that object-oriented design best-practices are followed at all times.
- Proactively work with Product, QA, and Development right from inception through functional validation and launch.
- Assist with issue triaging and root cause analysis.
- Take pride and ownership over the quality of the product being shipped.
- Hands on Software Developer with 4-5 years of professional Java development experience.
- Proven skills in utilizing Junit/TestNG for testing.
- Firm understanding of Agile Development (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, XP, etc.)
- Data driven, with strong problem-solving skills with analytical capabilities to be able to support theories/solutions using underlying data.
- Ability to critique work of self and others constructively.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code and stress test it!
- Hands-on experience with Selenium WebDriver and/or Appium.
- Understanding of CI/CD automation pipelines using Jenkins, and Docker.
- Familiarity with Linux or UNIX operating systems.