Position Description: Software Developer
Create solutions to complex problems with the end user/client in mind. The ideal candidate has gained experience with the full software development lifecycle in an object-oriented analysis and design environment. The Developer will be responsible for performing system software development tasks and activities.
- Develops custom C++ software programs for complex military and space systems.
- Debugs, troubleshoots and resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues.
- Use data structures, software engineering, OOD, C++ programing techniques and algorithms to write, debug and test code.
- Installs and tests newly developed software enhancement and improvement packages.
- Resolves software and hardware compatibility and operability issues
- Performs and supports software integration activities in a laboratory environment
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams in conducting system/software analysis and design
- Follows direction of software development team leads.
- Success in this position requires an assertive, confident attitude and a commitment to working as a part of a team to meet critical delivery schedules.
The following skills are required:
- Ability to use and code in LINUX/UNIX proficiently.
- Basic commands
- Scripting (bash, python, etc)
- Experience with Sysvinit and Systemd
- Experience with modifying kernel settings, ulimits, etc.
- Strong Debugging skills: Dmesg, Ispci, Isof, netstat, etcGdb, Jconsole, jvisualvm
- Ability to rotate from code developer into the integration role when needed.
- System-level & architecture concepts
- Basic networking (UDP/TCP, interface management, sub-interfaces, etc.)
- NTP and time distribution
- DHCP and IP distribution
- NFS and filesystem distribution
- Version control & Automation experience
- Basic concepts of branching and merging
- git / gerrit / Jenkins
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience and one to five year’s professional experience.
- Candidate must be U.S. citizen able to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
- Willingness to work overtime and off-shift when dictated to support business needs.
- Task driven with ability to work independently.
- Team player that takes ownership and develops relationships with the team members which fosters team success.
Contract Term: Full-Time Employee, 40 hours/week.
Start Date: Negotiable
Gromelski and Associates is a proud Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/ Female/Disability/Veteran. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.