Contributes on all phases of the development cycle of Securus applications, including: design, development, and QA support for developed components.
* Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) deliverables
* Analyze business requirements and estimate level of effort
* Develop technical requirements and interface specifications
* Design technical solution that meet business requirements
* Develop solutions using Java and other open source technologies for both front end and back end requirements
* Create and perform Unit and Integration tests
* Support deployment activities
* Collaborate with Product Management, QA, and Production Support to meet requirements and work within existing architecture to provide the best technical solution.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Experience with Spring frameworks
* JDBC/SQL/Relational Databases (i.e. MySQL or Oracle)
* Junit experience
* Gradle based Java build tools
* Subversion, GIT experience
* Linux/Windows experience
* Ability to work with diverse teams
* Ability to take total ownership of assigned components
* Team Player and a self-starter
* Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to learn new technologies and develop proof of concepts
* Aptitude for learning new technologies. (Elastic, Hazelcast, node.js, MongoDB)
* Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 1-3 years of Java developer
* 1-3 years of web development
* Java Certification
* Application Server experience including Tomcat and JBoss
* Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (i.e. Bamboo, Hudson/Jenkins)
* Agile Methodology and Scrum Experience
* Experience with code quality tools including Sonar, Selenium, Mockito
Standing, sitting, walking, speaking, listening, bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping and manipulating tools, typing, using peripheral computer tools. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds.
It is the Company's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals. Securus will not discriminate against any associate or qualified job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of that person's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected under local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.