Job Title: Software Developer II
Duties: We are looking for a Mid-level Engineer with Strong SQL skills, Python, and some Java skills to help us build and evolve our Data Management Platform.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side backend data processing logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end / API requests. The project has two modules:
Data processing module developed in Python and SQL.
Rest API module developed in Java.
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code - SQL and Python.
• Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
• Developing ETL processing in python as needed.
• Work with cross-functional teams to complete migration effort.
• Performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• 5+ years of experience working in the enterprise setting SQL and Python applications in multiple projects.
• Intermediate to Advance working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Hands-on experience with Flask or other Python frameworks
• Experience writing python applications that interact with ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
• Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases.
• Good understanding of the threading limitations of Python and multi-process architecture
• Strong unit test and debugging skills
• Strong knowledge in XML and JSON parsing in python.
• Knowledge in Kafka, EMS queues.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning, unit testing tools (e.g. Git)
• We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
They should also have experience and working knowledge using the following software/tools:
Thanks & Regards,
Shubhabrata Basu Mazumdar