Responsible for planning, designing, developing, monitoring, and supporting new and existing software and web applications in a 24x7x365 global environment. Development, testing, and debugging software components in a complex and innovative environment. Documents all development activity working in an agile team progressing aggressively in 2-week sprints. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Key technical skills required are: Java, SQL, Oracle, and Cloud Technologies.
Key technical skills desired are: Oracle, Cloud Technologies (AWS and/or Cloud Foundry), AppDynamics, Kibana, GoCD, Ansible.
- Must be a strong team player, an excellent communicator, and possess and display a positive attitude.
- Must be able to learn quickly through self-guided learning.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Designs, develops and tests new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and enhances current applications. The development and testing efforts are for software for existing today and new applications.
- Assists in the roll-out and monitoring of software releases.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design, development and testing process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, code reviews, test plans, test results and technical manuals.
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Participates in researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including sequence diagrams, software designs, demos, acceptance criteria, test results, technical manuals, monitoring plans, support strategies, and any retrospective recommendations.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Participates in training representatives and other staff on internally developed software applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.