Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are moving towards a Test Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Harness and Bitbucket. The senior engineer will be a hands-on lead developer that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
This position will be part of Digital Utilities Technology team at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity, and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership. What you are good at
What you have
- Provide hands-on development and mentoring as necessary for all members of the team to ensure team and project success.
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks.
- Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business.
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization's software products to QA, and ultimately to Production.
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
- Identify technology risks and dependencies early to establish mitigation plans.
- Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages.
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
- Minimum of 8 years of solid backend development experience in C#/.Net
- Expert with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
- Expert in object oriented design, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
- Exceptional experience designing and implementing REST based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment.
- Strong experience in Cloud Native Applications and Micro Services Architecture
- Strong experience in building enterprise scale web solutions based upon n-tier architecture using open source technologies (Angular / React), Microsoft Web API, and SQL / No-SQL Databases.
- Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards, Guidelines and SOLID principles
- You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
Why work for us?
- Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
- Experience in developing applications using modern streaming technologies (like Kafka) and protocols
- Independently plans own work and are accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
- Schwab systems experience
- Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives.
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.