Kforce has a client in search of a Software Developer III in Indianapolis, IN.
* Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software
* May work in one or several areas, such as equipment or software design, engineering evaluation or test, configuration management procedures, statistical analysis and modeling
* Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives
* Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases
* Plans and schedules new applications systems projects with user, systems software, and computer center operations personnel, including the identification of objectives, time frames, costs, and manpower requirements
* Performs tasks necessary to ensure the identification and documentation of hazards within software systems using various analysis tools and techniques
* Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety
* Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation
* May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers/analyst working on a specific project
* Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media
* Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems
* Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent training required
* 5-7 years of experience required
* Java Beans
* Oracle DB 10g or higher
* Familiarity with use of Version Control Tools
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
* Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time
* Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software
* Basic knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models
* Basic knowledge of computer software, such as Adobe, Java, SQL, etc.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.