Kforce has a client in search of a Software Developer (Network Forensic Analysis Tools) in Reston, VA.
The client is looking for Software Developer, skilled with developing tools using open-source frameworks for forensic analysis and network defense. The candidate will identify, modify, enhance, and support the integration of Open-Source network monitoring such as Secure Onion and using tools such as Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Snort, Suricata, Bro, Wazuh, Sguil, Squert, CyberChef, NetworkMiner, Moloch.
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Software Development or related degree
* Five or more years of additional direct and relevant experience can be substituted for degree requirements
Experience in building, installing, configuring, managing and deploying Elasticsearch solutions to support forensic analysis and network monitoring:
* Design, access, and maintain data stores, feeds, and processing tools based on the ELK stack to include integration in an environment with multiple data sources and third-party applications
* Installing, configuring, and managing Elasticsearch clusters
* Indexing data into clusters
* Querying and analyzing the indexed data
Experience developing software on the Linux operating system using:
* Python and Java
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.