Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to support a variety of sophisticated acoustic training and simulation systems. Job Summary:
Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, software to enhance the fidelity of training and simulation systems. The work may include developing numerical models, sonar system simulation/stimulation software, message passing and data distribution software, and/or trainer command and control software. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written primarily in C++, and Python, utilizing various software packages (boost, NumPy, and MPI). Software development will include requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements to the training and simulation systems. Our team employs an agile development approach using Kanban.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job. Education & Experience:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Candidate must have 4+ or more years of relevant experience developing software in C++, or related languages. Must have experience developing real-time software, or numerical simulation software, or software that executes across multiple processors.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be committed to customer service, well organized, able to plan and prioritize assignments, and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
- Cluster computing, signal processing, underwater acoustic modeling, or familiarity with sonar systems.
- Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.