Description Job Description:
The Leidos Innovations Center has immediate openings for Software Developers to join a software engineering team that supports a wide range of projects across multiple domains working only 15 minutes from the beach at our San Diego, CA office! We specialize in development of advanced scientific systems, embedded systems, graphical user interfaces, data centers, and distributed applications. You will work with experienced scientists and engineers to develop applications over the full development life cycle from analysis to deployment. Do you enjoy solving challenging technical problems in a dynamic and innovative environment? Do you want the chance to experience software development in a wide range of technical areas? If so, this job in sunny San Diego is for you.
Fun stuff on the jo b:
- You will work with an experienced team of software engineers to design and implement software ranging from embedded development to large systems.
- Work requirements analysis, software prototyping, software design, software implementation, test, and maintenance.
- You will work with source code control systems and bug trackers.
- You will participate in meetings and interact with customers and subcontractors during the course of software development.
Skills you need to be successful in this job:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field with at least 8 years' experience in C/C++ design and development.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Experienced in modern standards based software development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
You will wow us even more if you have t hese skills:
- Applied math background.
- Embedded software development, including experience with embedded OS's
- Experienced in systems development.
- Signal processing or image processing.
External Referral Program
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.