Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. ResponsibilitiesMission/Responsibilities:Supports, as needed, US Army Space and Missile Defense Command Capability Development Integration Directorate (CDID) government personnel for efforts associated with innovations for Space, Near Space, Space Control, Missile Defense Capabilities and information operations to the Warfighter. As part of the development team, this position will support or execute the following activities:
Successful candidates will be proficient in the following areas:
- Develop long range JFFT software architecture plans
- Execute software engineering processes within JFFT development process guidelines
- Develop software solutions based on validated problem reports and change requests
- Execute software coding to support division projects
- Perform unit testing of developed code
- Draft and maintain technical documentation for developed code
- Deliver all source code and documentation to the Government
- Develop Software solutions that can be easily tailored to COTS and GOTS systems.
- Support the development of user interfaces for handheld devices
- Support the development of web services solutions for JFFT tasks
- Develop net-centric data interfaces in accordance with evolving Joint C2 standards
- Plan, propose and implement upgrades to JFFT software to maintain compatibility with commercial off the shelf (COTS) upgrades and advances in technology
- Assist in software functional testing
- Participate in TIMs
- Support and participate in JFFT CCB proceedings to include providing advice and assistance with identifying Software related solutions to the Configuration Control Board
- Develop and provide support for unique FT testing tools
- Support the development of methods to test for early detection and correction of software anomalies
- Develop and maintain a software development plan.
- Perspecta is seeking a mid-level developer with at least 5 years of experience developing software solutions utilizing C# starting from end user requirements description through the ultimate deployment of a product into the production environment.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters that can work on individual products as well as in small team environments with little oversight.
- Successful candidates must also have the ability to troubleshoot and upgrade legacy solutions ranging from stand-alone applications, Web based solutions, as well as enterprise level solutions.
- C# 5 years minimum
- Design Patterns
- Object Oriented Programming
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- .Net Model View Controller (MVC) architecture
- Relational Database Structures
- Transact SQL
- Microsoft Entity Framework
- System Debugging
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD. Experience can be substituted for a degree.Candidates MUST maintain a minimum of IAT II certification.ship Required.
Salary Minimum: $69,180.80
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position, and is just one component of Perspecta's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Perspecta provides a variety of benefits to employees. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).