Business Group HighlightsDefense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.Responsibilities
Under minimal direction, perform as a technical expert in the design, development, coding, testing, debugging, deployment and integration of new software/hardware of complex enhancements to existing systems. Work with technical staff to understand and to develop resolutions to technical problems. Resolve customer complaints and respond to suggestions for product modifications or enhancements.Position Requirements:
- Commercial software development experience with proficiency in C, C++ and C#.
- Experience developing and deploying web-based applications.
- Experience developing applications which are multithreaded, network enabled, and provide a responsive graphical user interface (GUI) Understands debugging networked, multithreaded systems in both C++ and C#.
- Can create installers using Install Shield and/or Windows Installer XML (WiX).
- Understand database schema normalization and best practices.
- Comfortable with writing complex SQL queries for optimal performance
- Comfortable with network protocols e.g., TCP, UDP, and familiar with high level distributed network protocols e.g., DIS, HLA, etc.
- Graphics programming comfort, including earth models (terrain, imagery, geometry) and physics.
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph and osgEarth. GIS applications experience is a plus.
- Experience with an Agile development environment and methodologies.
- Familiarity with flight simulators, aircraft flight parameters, and aviation vocabulary a plus.
- Accustomed to writing tests for code modifications and assisting QA with validation.
- Ability to work with limited daily supervision.
- Able to discuss implementation with customers, management and peers.
- Experience with a Virtualization Technology (VMWare or Hyper-V).
- Experience with mobile platform development a plus (Android, iOS).
- Experience with onsite product integration and technical support.
- Comfortable with up to 25% travel
Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA.
Secret Clearance preferred but not requiredAbout Perspecta
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)