Business Group Highlights Defense
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions. ResponsibilitiesPerspecta is searching for a highly skilled and motivated SoftwareDeveloper to evolve our proprietary simulation and training software products to the next generation. We are looking for someone to joinour SimAuthorproduct teamthat bringscreativity andpassion for the Aviation simulation and training market. Our SoftwareDeveloper will be responsible for maintaining current software baselines while working closely with theLead Software Developerto advance the product line toward a distributed and scalable software as a service model. Understanding of the Aviation industry is desired as well as experience with various web development and hosting disciplines. This position requires someone thathas a strong work ethic andworks well in a small Agile team setting. Works with users to define existing or new system scope/objectives and provides analytical support and technical advice during the planning, development, and implementation phases. Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria. Our ideal candidate can work under limited daily supervision and the ability to discuss software related items with customers, management and peers. Technical requirements:
- Commercial software development experience with proficiency in C, C++ and C#
- Experience developing and deploying web-based applications.
- Experience developing applications which are multi-threaded, network enabled, and provide a responsive graphical user interface (GUI) Understands debugging networked, multi-threaded systems in both C++ and C#.
- Experience with 3D graphics and gaming engines is a plus.
- Understands database schema normalization and best practices.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries for optimal performance
- Comfortable with network protocols e.g., TCP, UDP, and familiar with high level distributed network protocols e.g., DIS, HLA, etc
- Experience with graphics programming, including earth models (terrain, imagery, geometry) and physics.
- Experience with OpenSceneGraph and osgEarth. GIS applications experience is a plus.
- Experience with an Agile development environment and methodologies.
- Familiarity with flight simulators, aircraft flight parameters, and aviation vocabulary a plus.
- Accustomed to writing tests for code modifications and assisting QA with validation.
- Experience with mobile platform development a plus (Android, iOS).
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD. Degree in Computer Science or comprable technical disciple is desired.
Additional work experience may be substituted for a degree.
Requires Active Secret Clearance or ability to get an interim secret clearance. About PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.Perspecta is anAA/EEOEmployer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provisionPay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).