About the Job
The developer is primarily responsible for maintaining and enhancing proprietary systems that were created using Visual FoxPro. In the near future, projects will be added to modernize these systems. If you are a Microsoft stack developer with at least three years of experience, please read on!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visual FoxPro, T-SQL, and C#/VB.NET or demonstrated proficiency with similar structured languages.
- Solid grasp of basic software development concepts such as unit testing, integrated testing modularization
- Experience with SQL-based applications and the ability to use stored procedures, triggers and functions
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008 and 2015 as development environment
- Experience programming with older versions of Microsoft Word (desired)
- Experience programming with Adobe PDF files (desired)
- WordPress (desired)
- Ability to interact with non-IT staff
- Very good written and spoken communication skills
- Rapidly assimilate and achieve proficiency with existing Visual FoxPro modules and applications
- Analyze and design enhancements or changes to existing applications and systems
- Develop and test new forms, documents, modules, applications, interfaces, and reports
- Develop and test SQL Server database queries, extracts, and interfaces
- Resolve defects on a timely basis with thorough impact assessment and risk mitigation
- Maintain high standards in software quality and testing effectiveness
- Actively identify improvement opportunities or recommendations for improving data security and reducing risk
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Collaborate effectively with other software development members and technical team members
- Participate in modernizing Visual FoxPro code, converting VFP to current platforms such as WinForms or WPF and C# and VB.NET
This full time position offers a great work environment, competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and benefits that include paid time off, health insurance, and 401(K).
This position exists in King of Prussia, PA. If you are interested, please send your resume. No phone calls.