req10608 Job Title:
Software DeveloperNumber of Openings:
Bloomington, IL Are you ready to be part of a new and exciting team that exists to advance what is possible while creating transformative and disruptive change? Do you have a desire to influence how a fortune 50 company pursues big ideas and turns opportunity into reality? If you answered yes, then please keep reading!
Property & Casualty Aspirational State (PCAS) is a concept domain aligned to the RED Labs division within the Labs @ State Farm department. The PCAS teams are focused on delivering cutting-edge P&C business solutions through advanced technology, big data, and simplified business processes to greatly enhance business insight s and operational efficiency. Our goal is to bring operational and analytical worlds closer together using our scale and increasing our flexibility.
Still Interested? Great! Keep going because we want YOU!
PCAS is looking for an energetic and experienced software developers to join the following agile teams: PCAS Data Enablement Team
This position is part of a program level team working in a collaborative environment that interfaces with many other areas of our department and company, but specifically provides services and capabilities to agile development teams working within the PCAS organization. PCAS Infrastructure Enablement Team
This position is part of a program level team working in a collaborative environment to build out our AWS infrastructure. They team handles the full infrastructure stack from networking to low level Kubernetes configurations. Rating and Score Orchestration Team
This position aligns to a team that gathers data, invokes the rating process, and stores the results. This role will work with other modernization efforts and business areas to build a system to enhance both rating and analytics. Rating Model Execution
This position aligns to a team that directly collaborates with embedded Property & Casualty Actuarial & Underwriting Modeling Business Partners to drive toward a common objective of enabling execution of business models. As such, there is an opportunity to work directly with model development and/or work directly with the framework required to enable model development and execution of models in production. Data Pipelines Team
This position aligns to a team that builds tools to extend views to Property & Casualty Actuarial & Underwriting data consumers, makes cleaned up data available to defined & approved users and facilitates the movement of core events from operational to analytical environments. These positions involve a broad set of technical skills and very few individuals will have experience with all of the technical skills desired. Candidates with software development experience along with a willingness to learn while working in a fast paced challenging environment are encouraged to apply. The following are expected of a competitive candidate: We Are Looking for Candidates with the following skills and experiences:Requirements
Preferred Skills & Technologies
- Prior software development experience
- Desire to learn new languages and frameworks
- Ability to find and apply industry standard solutions to problems
- Commitment to continuous delivery practices
- Ability to work towards solutions with those of diverse technical/business backgrounds
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to achieving results with speed and quality
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours
- Spring/Spring Boot
- Clojure Spec
- Cloud Solutions (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Linux Servers
- Relational - PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- NoSql - Dynamodb, Mongodb
- AWS S3
- TDD - Test Driven Development
- CI/CD - Continues Integration/Continues Deployment
- Paired Programing
- Mob Programing
What's in it for you:
- Micro services
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to identify, research, and feed the development of new and experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
Regular Full-Time Shift: