Dallas, TXAdditional Details:
- Job may require travel via commercial transportation and/or driving motor vehicles
- Job may require irregular work hours and travel outside normal business hours
This is an opportunity in the Labs department, an innovation area focused on advancing what is possible to transform and disrupt the present to accelerate our future. Serve as a member of a small agile team focusing on designing and delivering innovative solutions in the AWS environment for modernizing the Property and Casualty Underwriting and Rating system. We Are Looking for Candidates With:
- Skills and experience with software development and software development lifecycle
- Skills and experience in AWS and AWS tools.
- Command line/scripting experience
- Experience with database systems and design
- OO/Java programming experience
- Web experience (specifically REST/SOAP)
- Experience with Java, Clojure, Scala, Python, and Groovy are desired
- Experience with Hadoop and related big data technologies
- Experience working with analytical systems and data stores
- Willingness to learn all of the above
Candidates should possess these key skills and abilities:
*Degree in computer engineering/computer science related field
* Ability to build relationships across various levels of the organization
* Ability to cultivate effective working relationships
* Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
* Ability to foster innovation, encourage diversity of thought, and incorporate new ideas
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and writtenWhat's in it for you:
- Work with cutting edge technologies, languages, platforms and methods!
- Contribute to brand new, patent-worthy, concepts and products.
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Use agile software development practices, coding, data and testing standards, and best practices for code reviews, source code management, security, continuous delivery and software architecture.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Opportunity to research, build, and deploy experimental products.
- Freedom to utilize different technologies, languages, and frameworks that apply to the problem being solved.
- Lead solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participates in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- Competitive Benefits, Pay, and Bonus Potential.
- Flexible work schedules. (Design your start and end time)
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- 401k plan and fully funded pension.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- Dress code? Dress for your day!
PeriodicDuties and Responsibilities:
- Possesses an understanding of how technology solutions meet the business outcomes and offers a range of solutions for business partners
- Participates in sprint planning; provides work estimates to deliver product stories; owns development stories
- Develops solutions on variety of platforms according to business requirements
- Completes required coding to satisfy the defined acceptance criteria and deliver desired outcome
- Leads solution design, considering risks, mitigations, performance, user experience, and testability
- Assists in development of automated testing and supporting code as necessary
- Completes required documentation to communicate information to deployment, maintenance, and business teams
- Utilizes agile software development practices, coding, data and testing standards, secure coding practices, code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery and software architecture
- Participates in the full software development cycle including coding, testing, implementation, support and sunset
- Designs, develops, tests and supports software in support of big data objectives
- Possesses an understanding of User Experience practices to improve usability and interaction between the customer and product
- Adopts Service Design, where appropriate, through architecture modularity to enable continuous delivery
- Considers applying emerging technology solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness; expectation of continuous innovation
- Resolves problems that result in a decreased time to market; improves quality, enhances flexibility, and embraces the solution provider mindset
- Provides input into overall testing plan; contributes to test approach and scenarios for requirements
- Provides product and/or process expertise necessary to support design, development, testing and execution of solutions
- Exhibits DevOps mindset where team is accountable for product from inception to sunset